CompareMaine Trends Over Time
This trends report allows you to compare how average total costs, as reported on CompareMaine, have changed over time for healthcare procedures reported on CompareMaine at facilities, by payers across Maine.
How to Use This Report
- Filter information to show all facilities and insurance companies or select a specific facility or commercial payer.
- Select a healthcare procedure category, sub-category and procedure. All healthcare procedures are listed by name and CPT Code.
- If no data appears after you have made your selections, there is no data for that combination of procedure, facility, and insurer.
- Hover over the data points for detailed information on the procedure name, data collection date, the CompareMaine release version, and the average total cost.
- Compare the percent of cost changes between CompareMaine releases, using the color-coded table:
- Green – Decreased Costs
- Red – Increased Costs
- Black – No Change in Costs
To view a procedure in a different category, set both the Procedure and Sub-Category drop-downs to “All” before selecting a new Category or Sub-Category.
The cost data through CompareMaine 8.0 was updated bi-annually with data from MHDO’s All-Payer Claims Database (APCD), with the exception of the CompareMaine 3.0 release, which updated quality data only. Going forward, beginning with CompareMaine 9.0, the cost data will be updated annually.
|1.0||October 2015||1/1/2014 – 3/31/2015|
|2.0||June 2016||10/1/2014 – 9/30/2015|
|3.0||December 2016||10/1/2014 – 9/30/2015|
|4.0||October 2017||10/1/2015 – 12/31/2016|
|5.0||March 2018||7/1/2016 – 6/30/2017|
|6.0||September 2018||1/1/2017 – 12/31/2017|
|7.0||May 2019||7/1/2017 – 6/30/2018|
|8.0||December 2019||4/1/2018 – 3/31/2019|
|9.0||December 2020||4/1/2019 – 3/31/2020|
Due to a transition to a new episode grouping tool, surgical procedure cost estimates were not updated during CompareMaine 6.0. The new episode grouper software, Optum Symmetry’s ETG was implemented during CompareMaine 7.0. A new trend line was established in the trends over time comparison to reflect the methodology changes.