CompareMaine Trends Over Time
This trends report compares how average total payments, as reported on CompareMaine, have changed over time.
How to Use This Report
- Filter information to show all facilities and insurance companies or select a specific facility or commercial payer.
- Select a healthcare procedure category, sub-category, and procedure. All healthcare procedures are listed by name and CPT Code.
- If no data appears after you have made your selections, there is no data for that combination of procedure, facility, and insurance company.
- Hover over the data points for detailed information on the procedure name, data collection date, the CompareMaine release version, and the average total payment.
- Compare the percent of payment changes between CompareMaine releases, using the color-coded table:
- Green – Decreased Payments
- Red – Increased Payments
- Black – No Change in Payments
To view a procedure in a different category, set both the Procedure and Sub-Category drop-downs to “All” before selecting a new Category or Sub-Category.
The payment data through CompareMaine 8.0 was updated bi-annually with data from MHDO’s All-Payer Claims Database (APCD), except for the CompareMaine 3.0 release, which updated quality data only. Beginning with CompareMaine 9.0, the payment data will be updated annually.
|1.0||October 2015||1/1/2014 – 3/31/2015|
|2.0||June 2016||10/1/2014 – 9/30/2015|
|3.0||December 2016||10/1/2014 – 9/30/2015|
|4.0||October 2017||10/1/2015 – 12/31/2016|
|5.0||March 2018||7/1/2016 – 6/30/2017|
|6.0||September 2018||1/1/2017 – 12/31/2017|
|7.0||May 2019||7/1/2017 – 6/30/2018|
|8.0||December 2019||4/1/2018 – 3/31/2019|
|9.0||December 2020||4/1/2019 – 3/31/2020|
|10.0||February 2022||4/1/2020 – 3/31/2021|
|11.0||December 2022||4/1/2021 – 3/31/2022|
Due to a transition to a new episode grouping tool, surgical procedure payment estimates were not updated during CompareMaine 6.0. The new episode grouper software, Optum Symmetry’s ETG was implemented during CompareMaine 7.0. A new trend line was established in the trends over time comparison to reflect the methodology changes. During CompareMaine 11.0, the methodology for bundling episodes was enhanced to represent typical episodes of care across facilities. Learn more about the methodology