CompareMaine 4.0—October 2017
The MHDO is pleased to release CompareMaine 4.0. The cost data has been updated and represents the average payments for the time period October 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016. The average total cost also breaks down to show costs paid to the healthcare facility and professional(s) providing services, if applicable.
The quality data have been updated to reflect the most recent information and time periods available:
- HCAHPS Summary Star (7/1/15-6/30/16)
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (7/1/15-6/30/16)
CPT Code 72082 (X-ray of entire spine, thoracic and lumbar) replaced CPT Code 72010 (X-ray of entire spine).
New Procedures Added to CompareMaine
Estimates for skin lesions (CPT Codes 17000 and 17110) are now included on CompareMaine.
We have updated our facility listing as described below:
Community Clinical Services
- B Street Health Center
- CCS Family Health Center
- CCS Psychiatry at Central Maine Family Practice
- Second Street Health Center
Penobscot Community Health Care
- Brewer Medical Center
- Capehart Community Clinic
- Helen Hunt Health Center
- Jackman Community Health Center
- Penobscot Community Health Center
- Seaport Community Health Center
- Specialty Clinic
- Summer St. Community Clinic
- Winterport Community Health Center
Pines Health Services
- Kimball Community Health Center
- Pines Caribou Health Center
- Presque Isle Health Center
- St. John Valley Health Center
- Washburn Health Center
- Women and Children’s Center
Portland Community Health Center
- Portland Community Health Center (PCHC)
- PCHC at Brickhill
- PCHC at Franklin Towers
- PCHC at Preble St.
- PCHC at Riverton Park
HOMETOWN Health Center (Formerly Sebasticook Family Doctors)
CompareMaine 3.0—December 2016
The quality data were updated to reflect the most recent information and time periods available:
- HCAHPS Summary Star (10/1/2014-9/30/2015)
- Preventing Serious Complications (7/1/2013-6/30/2015)
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (10/1/2014-9/30/2015)
Also, in July 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) added an "Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating" to their Hospital Compare website. The new overall hospital quality star rating comprises of 64 quality measures and will allow you to compare hospitals quality using one metric. First Release of the Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating on Hospital Compare.
CompareMaine 2.0—June 2016
Based on feedback we received since launching the site in the fall of 2015, we have added colonoscopies, digital mammograms and 28 other new procedures to this release. We also added 8 new facilities and made several enhancements to the site. The cost data has been updated for the time period October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015. The quality data have been updated to the most recent time periods available. For more detail, see below.
- Alphabetized procedure categories and procedures on "Compare Costs and Quality";
- Enhanced the search function within the site;
- Improved Search Engine Optimization to make it easier for users to find the site;
- Added a Methodology section and moved information there from the About section;
- Added "Choose a Topic" header on the individual facility pages to make it clearer that users can view different procedures.
Procedure Changes: This document contains a list of procedures that were added and removed in this release.
Facility Changes: This document contains a list of facilities that were added and removed in this release.