December, 2016 Update
The MHDO is pleased to release CompareMaine 3.0. The quality data on CompareMaine have been updated to reflect the most recent information and time periods available. See the three quality measures below with the new time periods noted.
- HCAHPS Summary Star (10/1/2014-9/30/2015)
- Preventing Serious Complications (7/1/2013-6/30/2015)
- Healthcare Acquired Infections (10/1/2014-9/30/2015)
Also, in July 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) added an "Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating" to their website Hospital Compare. The new overall hospital quality star rating comprises 64 quality measures and will allow you to compare hospitals' quality using one metric. You can learn more here: First Release of the Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating on Hospital Compare.
Lastly, the next update to the cost data is planned for August 2017.
June 30, 2016 Update
The MHDO is pleased to release CompareMaine 2.0, the first update to this website. Based on feedback we received since launching the site in the fall of 2015, we have added colonoscopies, digital mammograms and 28 other new procedures to this release. We also added 8 new facilities and made several enhancements to the site. The cost data has been updated for the time period October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015. The quality data have been updated to the most recent time periods available. For more detail, see below.
- Alphabetized procedure categories and procedures on “Compare Costs and Quality”;
- Enhanced the search function within the site;
- Improved Search Engine Optimization to make it easier for users to find the site;
- Added a Methodology section and moved information there from the About section;
- Added "Choose a Topic" header on the individual facility pages to make it clearer that users can view different procedures.
Procedure Changes: This document contains a list of procedures that were added and removed in this release.
Facility ChangesThis document contains a list of facilities that were added and removed in this release.